FileMaker SSD Servers
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my own server license? (BYOL)
Yes! Most of our clients do it this way. You will need the license number and register name when signing up.
What if I do not already have a license?
No problem! We can assist you in getting a license. With the recent changes in licensing it can be confusing. Let us help you only get what you need and not pay for something you don’t.
How do you compare with FileMaker Cloud?
There are many differences between FileMaker Cloud and our FileMaker Dedicated Servers. Here is a list of a few:
- Dedicated Resources – Our server resources (CPU/Memory/etc) are dedicated not shared.
- No CPU Credits – FileMaker Cloud uses CPU credits and when you run out they throttle your CPU. We do not do this.
- More Data Centers – We have more data center locations than FileMaker Cloud giving you the fastest access available.
- Confusing Billing – In FileMaker Cloud it is hard to know what you are going to be billed since everything is ala cart and hourly. Our billing is very clear and you know what you are getting billed for from the very start.
- Service – Our service is second to none. We have FileMaker developers on staff to assist you, not some person in another country that has never used FileMaker.
What if my server needs grow? Can I add more Memory or Disk Space?
Yes! The best part of FileMaker Cloud Servers is that it grows with you. Simply upgrade to the next level up and your server will reconfigure with the new resources. This process simply requires a reboot of the server.
What backup options do your offer?
To protect your data we offer two types of backup service.
- FileMaker Scheduled Backup – All of our servers are pre-configured to backup all databases nightly to the local drive and keep 7 days of backups. FTP access to this backup folder is available from our customer area. This is included with the service.
- RSync Off-Site Backup – This backup service is for making incremental backups of your data off-site. By default we backup the default FileMaker backup folder. If you need additional files backed up, this can be accomplished via the backup tool located on the server. We match the total storage of your cloud server for RSync backups. If you require a larger network storage for your backups you can purchase your own network storage server from us in one of our other data centers. Backups to local network storage do not count towards network traffic.